Cumi Hitam, authentic Indonesian food
Updated: Jan 27, 2022
Hi seafood lovers, are you one who like squid? Squid is one of the most favorite seafood in the world. Squid can be processed into a variety of delicious dishes. One of them, Cumi Hitam which is famous as a authentic Indonesian food.
Cumi Hitam is squid cooked with a mixture of black ink. Cumi hitam have unattractive appearance due to its color. Before you underestimate its appearance, you can try it. Seriously, it tastes so deicious. Without artificial flavoring, the black color that comes from the squid ink actually makes the taste much more savory.
So, what are you waiting for, prepare all ingredients, then check out this recipe.
400 gr squid
5 red onions
5 cloves of garlic
2 lime leaves
2 bay leaves
2 cm galangal
1 stalk lemongrass
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
The process :
1. Clean the squid. Remember, don't waste the ink
2. Puree the onion, garlic, ginger, candlenut and stir fry
3. Add whole chilies, galangal, lime leaves, bay leaves, lemongrass and stir fry again until it smells good
4. Once the spices are brown, add the squid and mix well.
5. Add salt
6. Allow the squid to release ink while stirring occasionally.
7. When the squid is stiffer and doesn't feel mushy or runny anymore, turn off the heat. Squid is ready to serve