Meat is one of the products processing most we used to see in the market.There are meatballs, sausage, nuggets, chicken wings, and many others.As we know , meat is processed food that perishable. The high nutritional content of meat is a good medium for the growth of pathogenic bacteria.
In this article, I will share how to cook beef into processed products with a long shelf life. What's that? Yes, it is dendeng. Dendeng is one of the typical dishes of West Sumatra-Indonesia, which is known for its deliciousness. Dendeng is a traditional beef product made from sliced or ground fresh meat that is seasoned and dried in the sun. So it means that dendeng is processed by drying. Dendeng is already is famous in several Asian countries.
The process of making dendeng broadly includes three stages, namely slicing meat, curing and drying. Before making the dendeng, make sure the meat is not fatty. Well, I'm going to share a recipe for Indonesian dendeng.
The main ingredient:
1 kg of beef
Ground spicies :
8 cloves of garlic, peeled
4 pieces of red chili, coarsely ground
1/2 tbsp tamarind
1 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp salt
1/2 ounce coriander
1. Wash the meat thoroughly, thinly slice the meat with a thickness of 3-5 mm horizontally in the direction of the grain of the meat.
2. Puree all the spices, then coat the meat with ground spices, lemon grass, bay leaves, galangal, brown sugar, sweet soy sauce, and salt. Stir evenly.
3. Leave the seasoned meat for about 30-45 minutes for the marinade process.
4. Put the meat in the pan, heat the meat over low heat until the meat changes color
5. If the meat releases water and oil, pour enough water until the meat is almost submerged. Cook the meat until the water reduces.
6. Remove the meat
7. Flatten the meat and dry in the sun for 2-3 days.
8. If the color of the meat turns slightly black, it means the dendeng is ready.
9. To serve dendeng usually fry briefly and mix with chili sauce. Dendeng is very suitable to be eaten with warm rice.
That is easy ? So you have to try it at home. The dendeng recipe is perfect for long-term storage.